Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Help...?

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Mon 25/02/2008 06:02 PM

I need some help. Ive read the stuff on overlordofharmony.com, but Im still in the dark. I need some help understanding what everything does, what I need to do, and how to do it. If you havent guessed yet, Im talking about MAELSTROM. I have just started, and Ive hired some dudes, and Thornwood or whatever is under attack. So, help?

Replies: 4

Reply: 1

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 25/02/2008 06:28 PM

Yeah - the game gets some getting used to.

You dont have to help Thornwood - but you can.

The best thing to do is hire a SIN agent, and tell him to do a recon of Thornwood. Now he'll wait for you to send a ship up there to give him a ride. You'll have to go into the military screen and create a mission, and add one of your 2 starting ships to it.

By the way - if you click on the option on the far right (which I cant remember) it will let you turn the speed of the game right down, and you can spend longer getting your head around things before people start attacking.

Rob

Reply: 2

Author: omnimors
Date: Mon 25/02/2008 11:28 PM

Yeah, setting the speed to 1 for the first few days really helps you get a handle on the game.  You may want to buy a Fox hull, but don't buy any weapons/defense/computers for it (it's a stealth ship).  If you use that as your recon ship, it won't get in any battles. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Reply: 3

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Tue 26/02/2008 04:34 PM

Well, ive hired a sin agent already, but shes a she, not he. And thanks, ill turn the speed down.

How do I get a fox hull?

Reply: 4

Author: jawapro
Date: Wed 05/03/2008 11:22 PM

You click on the Military screen - and then on BUY (from memory).

Then you can choose your hull, and weapons. Buy a Fox, and then give it a weapon (it only fits one I think) and some shields or whatever. Give it a name that you'll remember too.

You can use your other ships to ferry your Sin agents around too - but the Fox is cheap - and it's stealth, so it's perfect for a Sin ship.