Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

A Quick Question

Author: jawapro
Date: Wed 16/05/2007 10:00 AM

Regarding my new website - I want your opinion about something.

When you look at comments - would you prefer they were in newest-first, or oldest-first order?

Currently this website uses newest-first, and I think it sucks. I´d rather read them in order. I think I´d changed this website to do things that way before I screwed it up and lost all my updates.

But which way do you prefer?

Cheers for the help.

JP

Comments: 6

Comment: 1

Author: terreth
Date: Thu 17/05/2007 08:50 AM

Oldest first without a doubt

Comment: 2

Author: omnimors
Date: Thu 17/05/2007 10:53 AM

^ Ditto..err...I suppose that should be "v Ditto" for your current site.

Comment: 3

Date: Thu 17/05/2007 07:14 PM

Sounds good. This site was working like that - but I screwed it up and its been annoying me ever since - just wondered what you thought. Cheers!

Comment: 4

Author: turkeybrain
Date: Fri 18/05/2007 07:38 AM

Definitely oldest first. This was is rubbish and confuses me!

Comment: 5

Author: Nifen
Date: Sun 20/05/2007 04:02 PM

i disagree, nothing worse then going to a website and having to scroll through 50 pages until you get to the Newest one. Newest first, and if you miss something you can go back through. Most sites do it this way. If you have oldest first then you have to look for the newest comment. I like being able to go to this site each day and seeing that there is something new, not having to go through until i find which page i was up to.

Comment: 6

Date: Sun 20/05/2007 06:10 PM

Newest posts first - yes. But as far as comments go - I prefer oldest first. Like threads in forums. You should definatly see the newest post when you first come to the site - but when you click to view comments, would you prefer to read the newest first or oldest? Newest is ok if you´ve read each as they appear - but if you´re trying to catch up you have to read it backwards, which isnt much fun. What do you think 28?