Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Sorry

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 30/04/2007 10:00 AM

For anyone who regularly comes to this website (and there are a few) I appologize for screwing things up a week or so ago.

I uploaded some files to the wrong website when I was working on my new one - and it screwed this site up, and then when I fixed it, I uploaded some old files from a backup to restore this site.

But the backup was older than I thought - and now a lot of things are broken (things that I have already fixed once).

• Some links dont work
  • comments are displayed backwards
  • I no longer get emails when someone posts
  • there is no add comment box when viewing comments
  • there is missing content in the Uni pages
  • the Google ads dont fit their container
  • and who knows what else.

It´d take a bit of work to fix it all - so I´m not going to bother. My new website is fairly close to being useable - so in a month or so it should be going (sorry for the slow progress speed - work takes first call).

And in the mean time - sorry for the poor state of my website.

Comments: 4

Comment: 1

Author: Nifen
Date: Tue 01/05/2007 07:54 AM

not sure if you´ve noticed but each page is massively long. nothing really wrong with that though. the bar is looking very small though...

Comment: 2

Date: Tue 01/05/2007 09:24 AM

Actually - yes, I knew about that. It was semi deliberate. Its a bad idea - but it is to cover up a flaw in my website design. The Page Walker ([Prev] [1] [2]...[6] [7] [Next]) section of my site is based on how many posts I make. And it will continually grow. Eventually it will be longer than the space allowed for it - and cause all sorts of trouble. So my temporary solution was to have a heap of posts on each page - so there are less pages in the walker. My new version has an improved walker (which is already working) that cant grow above a certain size - so each page of blogs can be as short as I want.

Comment: 3

Author: Nifen
Date: Fri 04/05/2007 09:55 AM

when posting comments i get file not found

Comment: 4

Date: Wed 09/05/2007 01:23 AM

What do you mean by File not Found? You obviously can post comments - you just did. It wouldnt suprise me if something´s broken though - this website is a mess now - I really screwed things up.