Computery Industry vs Automotive Industry
For all of us who feel only the deepest love and
affection for the way
computers have enhanced our lives, read on.
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates
reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated,
"If GM had kept up
with technology like the computer industry has, we
would all be driving
$25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon".
In response to Billıs comments, General Motors
issued a press release
stating: If GM had developed technology like
Microsoft, we would all be
driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash
twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road,
you would have to
buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway
for no reason. You
would have to pull over to the side of the road,
close all of the
windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen
the windows before you
could continue. For some reason you would simply
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left
turn would cause
your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in
which case you would
have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by
the sun, was reliable,
five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but
would run on only
five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator
warning lights would all
be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An
7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?"
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car
would lock you out
and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously
lifted the door
handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers
would have to learn
how to drive all over again because none of the
controls would operate
in the same manner as the old car.
10. Youıd have to press the "Start" button to turn
the engine off.
Please share this with your friends who love - but
sometimes hate -
Back to Emails