Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

lan friday?

Author: Nifen
Date: Mon 03/12/2007 11:52 AM

Bored bored bored.

Ok i've been back for 3 days now, I haven't even stepped out of the house. I guess Jet lag is the main problem. But i'm trying to get ready for this lan friday.

Kind of wondering what your all doing? And what time your going and so on? Shall we meet up before hand?

Replies: 5

Reply: 1

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 03/12/2007 12:12 PM

First up - if you use all caps (LAN) then you dont get people confused with the name Ian. I was trying to work out what and Ian Friday was.

Anyway - I'm comming. Have you registered? Its cheaper if you do - and your not garentted a spot if you dont.

Sadly some of us have to work on Friday - so we wont be there until latish.

And there has been a bit of a revolution in the works. A number of the people with larger fileshares have decided not to share stuff this time (me included). Only game files needed for the LAN.

Wether that'll actually happen or not I dont know - but it will probably annoy all the leechers - and speed up the network a bit and get more games played - which will all be good things.

Reply: 2

Date: Mon 03/12/2007 12:32 PM

Well that was funny to read. Sorry yes it does look like Ian.

As for the LAN. I don't really want to be the first showing up, i mean, its nice and all, but I don't know anyone anymore :S Feeling a bit shy at this point of time, As i said haven't even left the house. That will change in the next few days i'm sure, it's just getting out there.

Anyway Yes i've registered (well i think i have, i clicked on the register button, if i have registed or not, i can't remember if i got an email saying i had or not. but i think i have and now im mumberling.)

Oh i have my thing i want to give you, soo sometime I need to give you that as well. Well its 3 things and some cd's which i burnt ages ago, if you have the stuff oh well, at the time it was new, but i never got around to actually sending it. (sorry...)

Reply: 3

Date: Mon 03/12/2007 04:18 PM

Depending what time I leave work and how organized I am beforehand - I'll probably rock up between 7 and 8:30.

If I can talk my way into the early shift and can be organized beforehand - I could be there as early as 5:30 - but both of those things are pretty doubtfull. The early shift is pretty prized on Fridays - and I'm known as a very un-organized person.

This time I'll be able to hang around later than normal though - because it's a Friday LAN. On a Saturday LAN I go home earlier so I can get some sleep before church on Sunday. This time I dont have to worry so much about that - I can sleep it off on Saturday.

Looking forward to catching up though - not to mention finding out what this mysterious 'thing' is.

Reply: 4

Date: Mon 03/12/2007 04:43 PM

hmmm. Is Daniel going?
Or anyone else? that i might know?

Oh and does Daniel still live in Tas? I can't remember...

Reply: 5

Date: Tue 04/12/2007 02:17 PM

No - I dont think Dan will be there. He lives in Melbourne these days.

But I do think he's comming over for the weekend - so we might all be able to catch up somewhere.