Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Sennheiser RS120 and Sennheiser HD215 Reviewed

Author: Nifen
Date: Sun 25/11/2007 03:11 AM

Hi Jawa,

I've been doing a bit of research on which headphones you should buy. Fairly sure that Sennheiser is your best bet for what you want them for. There range is large and they are very comfortable to ware for long periods of time.

I've decided your best bet is, instead of buying a REALLY expensive pair of head phones and using onboard sound, is to buy a decent pair of headphones and also buy an Audigy to get the full range and least amount of distortion.

Onboard Audio will create a lot of hiss while listen to music or playing games. You will also loose High's and Lows in your audio which distinguishes between cheap headphones and good headphones. So ether stick with the pair of headphones you have and use your onboard sound, Or grab a Creative Audigy (cheap version will be fine) and use a decent pair of headphones.

So Anyway! Down to what i've decided would be the best thing to get.

First off headphones.

Sennheiser HD215 Has a full range of bass and treble, which also allows long uses with out the need for a break.

The Cord is also Detachable, allowing replacement of the cord if anything nasty happens to it.
Anyway Many good reviews out there, and at the price of $130, they are quite reasonable. (sounds cheaper in pounds though. 33 pounds).

HD215

If your considerings Wireless headphones I would recommend getting the  Sennheiser RS120.

Except I can't find a price less then $180 for these. Which is a shame as in UK there only 39 pounds. Still, Good headphones.

Creative Audigy Value Card, or an Audigy 2 If you can pick one up second hand. Hell An Audigy 1 is better then onboard sound still. So any of these cards will be better then what your running right now.
But you can pick up an Audigy Value for about $50 new. So you should be eble to Ebay one for a lot cheaper.

Anyway. Let me know what you think. Maybe there is something else you'd be looking at? I am happy to review them and check for you :)

4 days until i leave.

Replies: 2

Reply: 1

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 26/11/2007 11:02 AM

Thanks Tom,

Sound is important - but that's not my major issue with my current batch of headphones. They sound pretty good - even running off onboard sound.

The problem is how often they die. I seem to be only able to get a single LAN out of a pair before one of the wires falls off or something and I have to resolder it.

And I'm not that hard on them either - I store them properly and things - but they just seem to always break around me.

So I want ones that will last a bit longer - or come with a warrentee so I can take them back when they do die.

But going Wireless should help that sort of problem anyway.

Reply: 2

Author: Nifen
Date: Mon 26/11/2007 07:22 PM

well ill check out some other wireless headphones to give you some price difference