Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Far out!

Author: jawapro
Date: Sun 29/04/2007 10:00 AM

I didnt check my email over the weekend - but when I checked it this morning - I had 24 new accounts sign up at my forums.

And none of them were legit.

Far out - I can´t wait until I finish the new website - it should be able to stop at least most of these annoying registrations.

- JP

Comments: 4

Comment: 1

Author: omnimors
Date: Mon 30/04/2007 09:39 AM

What about the ones that are legit?

Comment: 2

Date: Mon 30/04/2007 09:09 PM

How am I supposed to know who is legit? All I get is an email saying "32 has registered at your forums". I dont know anyone by that name - so it´s probably a bot. I just looked up your account, and it comes up with your email as: beenpranked@withheld.com (I have withheld where your address is in case you actully use it). A name I dont recognize with an email like "beenpranked" dosnt scream ´legit´ to me - sorry. Welcome to my website - you are now activated for the forums. I have no idea who you are - but that dosnt matter. My new website uses a smarter sign-up process, that will (in theory) be less prone to bot signups. - JP

Comment: 3

Author: omnimors
Date: Tue 01/05/2007 07:32 AM

It´s good. I realized after the fact that you had a LOT of bot activity on your forum. Hopefully for you your new site will take care of that. And you´re right, my email doesn´t make things any easier. It´s an email for online games, registration and spam. So it is supposed to be enigmatic to discourage spam. As for who I am, well, my nick is 32 (duh). I´m pursuing a PhD in chemistry in the USA. I´m married with a 17month old daughter. I am a HUGE fan of Maelstrom. (Hence how I found you.) I still play through it on a somewhat regular basis. Nice to meet you.

Comment: 4

Date: Tue 01/05/2007 09:21 AM

In that case - welcome aboard. Any Maelstrom fan is more than welcome here. Sorry about all the broken parts of my website - the new version should fix most of them. I have been gathering more Maelstrom stuff to put up too. Hopefully that will all be included in the update.