Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

A Pointless Post

Author: jawapro
Date: Thu 26/04/2007 10:00 AM

Yes – I’ve posted again. No need to look so excited.

My good mate Mr Turkey-Brain (pictured) has been pestering me about the fact that it’s been so long since I posted last.

Well – I’ve been busy latey. I’ve been working (as per normal) and working on my new website when I’ve been home. It’s still not ready to open up to the public yet – but it’s getting closer.

Personally I think it’s a good improvement over this one – but it’ll be interesting to hear what everyone else thinks.

Anyway – I went to Hobart on the weekend. There was a model train auction on down there – so I went for a look. I didn’t buy anything except a calander – but it was a heap of fun anyway.

The train tracks are a picture I took near Oatlands on the way down. Why? Just cause I could.

Anyway – before the train auction – there was a computer auction.

Mr TurkeyBrain came to that one.

So did Trojen - but he didnt buy anything.

Turkey bought himself a server (pictured).

It’s only a P3 – but it looks pretty awesome (in my geeky opinion). I’d love to bring a computer that looks like that to a LAN party sometime.

Anyway – poor Mr TurkeyBrain – he still hasn’t managed to get into the server.

The OS wont boot.
The Bios is passworded.
It dosnt have a floppy or CD.
And he cant even get into the case because it’s locked and he didn’t get the key.

So it´s essentially useless.

But even so – it still looks cool.

Comments: 4

Comment: 1

Author: turkeybrain
Date: Thu 26/04/2007 05:52 AM

You make me sound like an harassment! Oh well, its probably accurate! I would be in, but I don´t want to damage the case. Once I make it in, then it works, I just need to be in first... Oh, and that´s my core 2 duo sitting in the black case to the left... Why bother some might ask! Purely FreeBSD SCSI file server! Why else?

Comment: 2

Date: Thu 26/04/2007 06:02 AM

Oh yeah, the reason the OS won´t boot is the drives (all 4 of the 30Gb´s) have been formatted, so funnily I can´t make it boot. They didn´t supply a CD or floppy drive, but I did get a tape drive. Unfortunately I still can´t open the drive bay door. Hmph. Once in, a resetting of the CMOS will kill the BIOS password, and I can resurrect a CD drive out of the dead P4 I´ve got in my room (pictured above, that´s the room, not the P4...) Oh, and Jawa, I like that photo of the railway line. Very arty-farty (no offence anyone...) for a computer geek (still no offence!) I need my own site to be able to ramble on... Oh, www.29.com with thanks to www.1.com

Comment: 3

Author: Nifen
Date: Thu 26/04/2007 09:08 AM

dam boy, i can give you 3 of those servers if you come to london. we have them lieing around doing nothing :S oh i found out the price of petrol here. i thought Australia was high. its 92 p a litre !!!! thats insane... oh i formatted my computer other last night and then realised i couldn´t get C drive to be windows. even editing it in registry just killed my computer. soo that was fun. fixed it early this morning by moving everything off that HD and formatting the bitch :)

Comment: 4

Date: Fri 27/04/2007 04:30 AM

Hmm. Airfare from Hobart to Melbourne: $111 return. Airfare from Melbourne to London: $2556 return. Computer bought in Hobart: $50. Hmm...